Tuesday 21 October 2014

Divergent series done

Well  I finished the 3rd book, Allegiant, from the Divergent trilogy. It definitely was not as pacey as the first two and the story lost its way a bit. It was almost like the author didn't know what to do with the characters once they left the city. Also surprising was that the author killed off one of the main characters which I wasn't expecting. Overall the series was enjoyable and based on an interesting  concept although I found Allegiant harder to stick with, but what I start I usually finish whether I like it or not.

Next, Ian McEwans latest book, The Children Act. I'm 40 pages in and enjoying the story already, I like the way he writes.
It is the story of a High Court judge who presides over cases in the family court. She deals with amazing cases that require sensitivity and intelligence and while she is dealing with difficult cases in her   professional life she is also dealing with stress and heartache in her private life. A good mix for a riveting tale that will keep me engrossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment